About the CIVITAS Awards
The CIVITAS Awards are an opportunity to highlight the most ambitious, innovative and successful efforts in the field of sustainable urban mobility. Winners are showcased as examples of excellence before the press with the hope that they can guide and stimulate cities throughout Europe in the pursuit of sustainable mobility.
This year, outstanding CIVITAS Forum member cities can apply to be considered for the following four prestigious titles:
- The "Bold Measure" Award for a daring and innovative approach that has not been widely implemented yet and positions the city as pioneer in certain thematic categories;
The “Take Up” Award for innovative sustainable urban mobility measures that have been successfully transferred from one city to another;
The “CIVITAS Legacy” Award for a city that has successfully translated their inspiring and committed involvement in CIVITAS into long-term implementation of innovative measures with a high impact;
The “Transformations” Award for significant transformation and progress towards a liveable and smarter city through an integrated set of mobility measures.
Award-winning activities are showcased as examples of excellence and promoted to the press, inspiring other cities for the further development of sustainable mobility initiatives in Europe.
In addition, the winning cities of each category benefit from the following:
- Formal acknowledgement letter signed by the European Commission, recognising the city’s commitment to the objective of a cleaner and more sustainable public transport in Europe;
- Visibility on the CIVITAS website and promotional material;
- Pan-European media coverage;
- Invitation to conferences and workshops organised by DG MOVE on sustainable mobility
This article is culled from daily press coverage from around the world. It is posted on the Urban Gateway by way of keeping all users informed about matters of interest. The opinion expressed in this article is that of the author and in no way reflects the opinion of UN-Habitat.